Friday, October 16, 2009

Carmel rode a camel in Karmiel...

While walking with a friend in a beautiful park in the city of Karmiel, I encountered a camel. Instead of the typical desert backdrop and severely malnourished camels on their last legs, I had the pleasure of being in the company of a healthy female camel amid a green oasis of luscious bushes, bright pink bougainvillea bushes, and a stunning waterfall.



Yes, we found a camel in the park...


The camel and her friendly Arab keeper...


Still amazed that there was a camel
in Karmiel of all places!


Getting on is tricky business!
This much I remember from the last time...


The keeper told me that
there's something "off" about my ethnicity.
But that whatever it was, he liked it!
Perhaps, it was the flower in my hair that threw him off...


A picturesque view of the waterfall from my VIP seat...


Resting with my friend after the camel encounter!


Quite the far cry from the time I rode a camel in Giza, when riding a camel – I thought – was still a novelty! Here are some photos from that trip for comparison:

Token shot in front of the pyramids...


$15US to only get up and straight back down with no warning!


Overworked, exhausted, and barely breathing camels.



Maybe they should move to Israel...




No comments:

Post a Comment